Born in 1973, Abraham currently lives in Chennai, India. He was baptized in 1995 and within a few months joined the full time ministry, and has served in ministry for 26 years. Abraham and his wife married in 1999 and are parents of two adolescents. Currently he and his wife are serving as Evangelist and WML in Greater Chennai Church of Christ, Chennai, India.
Abraham joined Rocky Mountain School of Ministry and Theology in 2017 and is pursuing his Master of Divinity degree.
ABOUT THE CLASS:
The Discipline of Simplicity and Solitude : Integrating Spiritual Formation with Reading Scripture
The sacred word desires to transform our inner self and produce God intended fruits in our lives. If exegesis is to achieve a credible and coherent understanding of the text on its own terms and in its own context or that somehow the text in its context may speak to us in our different-yet-similar context, then Spiritual formation prepares the mind and soul of the reader for the ministry of the word.
Friday, February 25th
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY.
"1. Foster, Richard. (1988). Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth (Third Edition). San Francisco: Harper San Francisco.
2. Dallas Willard. (1988). The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives. San Francisco: Harper & Row, Publishers.
3. Henri Nouwen. (1979). The Wounded Healer. New York: Doubleday.
4. Ronald Rolheiser. (2009). The Holy Longing. New York: Image.
5. Ronald Rolheiser. (2017). Sacred Fire. New York: Image.
6. Martinez, Pablo. Take Care of Yourself: Survive and Thrive in Christian Ministry (Lausanne Library) . Hendrickson Publishers. Kindle Edition."